RE:

I've been trying to get more info on this problem for months. My '98 with
leather seats has had loose seats ever since the car was new, so nothing is
worn out or fallen out of place or has loose bolts. I think its just damn
sloppy quality control. Mine clunks whenever I start or stop or go around a
corner. Last fall, some guy on the list, Franklin Mosley, said VWOA was
going to replace his seat runners, but I never could get any more
information out of him. It's almost like VWOA told him they'd replace his,
but not to tell anyone else. I'd love to hear anyone else's experience with
this problem. It's a real pain! Make's your car feel like its getting ready
to fall apart.

B. Wanamaker