Squeaks Resolution

    The dealership's isolation tape ain't worth a hoot.
    I went to Pep Boys and bought some single-sided adhesive foam weather-stripping, 1/2"W x 1/4"D x 10'L, and put it in the exact spot the isolation tape goes. Not only is there no noise-producing friction between the two surfaces (I could tell right away on the VW stuff that it wasn't going to work too well), but it only cost $1.49 for the roll. It muffles the sound of the door closing, too, because it's essentially padding the impact. Good solution.

-ENS D.J. Bergesen
Student Naval Aviator
djbergesen@dotstar.net
96 Jetta GLX VR6  "V WAFFE"