Re: Stiff suspensions and squeaks/rattles

Are you sure it's not the rear doors? I JUST got rid of a similar problem in
my car, caused by the rubbing of the door frame on the rubber seal on top of
the car. When you are standing outside the car, Is there any sign of a
squeaking noise from the rear door when you close the front one? My car made
the sound ONLY when I did that or drove over substantial bumps. It wasn't a
regular occurence.
    Then again, it might well be the seats, although that will be a really
loud squeak, not a somewhat muffled 'shimmying' squeak (like the doors). I
get a squeak from the seats when I'm carrying really heavy cargo (or
passengers) on the rear seats. Check the doors if your lubing of the seats
doesn't work.

-ENS D.J. Bergesen
Student Naval Aviator
djbergesen@dotstar.net