Re: tires...

You get what you pay for, not just in performance but also in appearance.  I
just bought BFG Comp T/A's (ZR's) for my '96 GLX and they are awesome.  They
are much quieter than the stock Goodyear trash and they look so great.  I
bought them at the Tire Rack ~ $100 each.  The GLX is much more of a
"Driver's Car" now.  My A4 has the SP 8000, a great tire, but I can't wait
until they wear so I can install 225/50/16 BFG Comp T/A's on it.

Take my word for it, they are fantastic.

Vince