Re: Low boost turbo kits....

Hmm, if I have a VR6 and $4000 to spend... I'd opt for a supercharger
kit instead. There are numerous draw backs to aftermarket turbo systems.
First off, to get that extra 100 hp from a turbo system, you are talking
about serious boost pressure (at least 10lbs). Can the stock components
handle that type of pressure? Secondly, w/ a size of t3/t4 hybrid turbo,
you are getting lag. Now, what about torque? All I can imagine rightnow
is the "dyno" graph of Greedspeed's GS4 (A41.8T)w/ 300-some horses. Where the
torque is worse than that of the stock below 4000rpm! It's a great setup
for a drag car, but that's about it.
So, if I am interested in getting real daily drivable power
(torque), I would bolt on a positive displacment supercharger. It's less
expensive and I get the torque down low.

Of course, these are my opinions... and it was not meant to be a flame
to George, nor this speed shop.

Cris
A4 1.8TQ w/ 230 ft-lbs of torque, but only 200hp.