Re: FYI: How to adjust your mirrors (WAS Re: Autobahn Mirror)

Khan Klatt wrote:
...Regardless of how you adjust your mirrors, one of the most important
factor in driving safely is feeling comfortable with the information you
are obtaining through your mirrors.

REPLY
While I understand the importance of the article, the author seems to
imply that blind spots can be seen via your peripheral vision.  I did
not find that to be the case in my 98 GLX.  I found that I had a large
blind spot on the driver's side.  The Autobahn Mirror worked for me.  I
do not rely on it as my sole source of information for what is on my
left.  I do however look there first, and then glance over my left
shoulder.  Just an added bit of insurance against on-ramp entrances and
the like.