Wheels (AGAIN)

    Ok. It's serious dilemma time. I am really torn right now between wanting to get 16" or 17" aftermarket wheels with decent (or very good in the case of 17s) tires, or spending about half as much on keeping my stock 15" seven spokes and wrapping them with excellent rubber. Are the wheels made by BBS? What's the width? 6.5? 7?
    I have my eyes on Michelin XGT V4s right now, 205/50VR15, 300AA, and rated in the 8s and 9s in all categories in Tirerack's surveys excepting treadwear. I am also entertaining Pilot SX GTs, same size. I am especially concerned about wet-weather driving, as here in NW FL we do get a decent spot of rain. Also in consideration are BFG Comp T/A ZRs, Nitto NT555, NT450, and possibly Pirelli Assimetricos (maybe that was for the 16, I forget)
    What would be the advantages of aftermarket wheels besides a slight increase in track, and a POSSIBLE reduction in unsprung weight? Any input would be helpful.
    PS - I KNOW for wheels it's all a matter of taste. BUT if I will not be gaining anything in performance by upgrading my wheels, I probably won't do it.

-ENS D.J. Bergesen
Student Naval Aviator
djbergesen@dotstar.net
96 Vento GLX VR6 "Volks Waffe"