Re: wide body Vws

Yes, I know two guys with the ABT cup widebody kit, one on a GTI and the
other is on a Jetta.  The kit is outstanding looking in person-I've never
seen better looking V-dubs.  The problems with the kits are: it's out of
production, it's extremely labor intensive to fit, and it necessitates the
use of wider wheels in the rear to fill out those arches-not exactly the hot
ticket for handling on a front-wheel drive car.  I also know the guy with
the silver widebody GTI that you are referring to, and the kit is a one-off
from Germany made of steel panels, and the problems are the same as above.
-Doug