Re: Anyone with Exeperience with WarrantyGold?

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, John Kiekhaefer wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with WarrantyGold?  Have you had any claims
> and have they covered?  Has the dealer accepted use of the contract?
> Were drive train issues covered by the VW warranty or the extended
> service contract?
>
> John Kiekhaefer

I'have WarrantyGold coverage for my 97. They have covered 2 claims (rear
wheel bearings and the sunroof motor) with no hassles. I have not had
any drivetrain issues, so I have not run into that decision process,
although I suspect that the WG contract says that their coverage only
kicks in if the factory warranty doesn't cover the repair.

Peter Loron                                                  peterl@cnw.com
Before the invention of eruptions, lava had to be carried down the mountain
by hand and thrown on the sleeping villagers. This took a lot of time.