Re: Fuel economy

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, David Nejely wrote:

> Howdy listers, not to start a new fuel economy war....but I was just
> wondering...
>
> -I commute 140 miles per day FREEWAY
> -I generally buy premium gas (by the way it's still very
>   cheap here...only about $1.00/gal).
> -The MFA reads consistently about 23-24MPG irregardless of speed (85 vs.65)
>
> What are your averages and experiences with fuel economy?  Have you made
> improvements?  It would be nice to see higher economy out of the awesome
> VR6, especially since I don't run it hard very often.

[stuff deleted]

I get around 25-29 on the freeway (60-80), and my long-term average is
about 21.

Peter Loron                                                  peterl@cnw.com
Before the invention of eruptions, lava had to be carried down the mountain
by hand and thrown on the sleeping villagers. This took a lot of time.