Re: Fuel Pump?

At 11:38 AM -0800 3/13/99, MAOberer@aol.com wrote:
>The highest octane I can get in New MExico is 91, but thats what I always use.
>I replaced the fuel filter and am going to get a fuel injector cleaner.  The
>garrett chip will take me all the way to 7300 if I go slow, and yes the stock
>redline is 6200ish.

Why would you *EVER* take it "slow" or otherwise to 7300 rpm? Doesn't it
cause damage to the engine if you take it up that high? I'm nervous going
up beyond 5500rpm!

One of the reasons I'm considering NOT going to the garret chip is because
I'm concerned that I might not be able to keep an eye on the road and the
tachometer at the same time, and like the idea that the chip has a 6200 rpm
rev limiter!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, or help me convince Matt not to damage his
engine!

-Khan