RE: (a tidbit re: seatbelt chime)

Better yet (ie. my preference), you can simply disconnect the wiring harness
underneath the seat. What this does is disable the seatbelt warning, but
still gives the cucaracha warning if you leave the lights on while getting
out of the car and also if you leave the key in the ignition and open the
door. The "your lights are still on" alarm has saved me more than once.

Kevin Ng
97 Jetta GLX Windsor Blue