Rear fog question

Hey, folks.

   Been a loooong time since I last posted. My car's been on toy hiatus
through some very rough financial times.

   But I got some more car toys the other day (thanks, Andy @ ND!). Which
ones? Smoked front signal reflectors and smoked "dummy" reflectors. They
match my previously-installed smoked side-marker lights and the OEM
smoked taillights. Looks superb on a black Jetta.

   The other item I bought was the Euro-spec headlight switch. Oddness,
though, with that. I installed it easily, put in the relay jumper bar so
allow the front fogs to turn on with the parking lights. Simple. I went
to hook up the rear fogs (cutting the holes for the bulbs with a pocket
knife was about as difficult as it was stupid, I'll admit), realized I'd
forgotten to get that 3-slot plug from the VW folks. Now, here's the
oddness.

   On the driver's-side, the plug was already there and wired. It looked
as though it was waiting only for a bulb. I plugged the bulb in, but the
lamp didn't light when it ought. I guess I'm missing a step. I checked
the instructions I'd saved from previous emails by leah@erinet.com and
tofer@foxinternet.net (via my old pal, Kevin Ng (Mister Badges)). No
mention there. My guess? I have to run a wire from jack 12 on the back of
the Euro-spec switch to somewhere in the fuse box. Is this correct? I
know I don't have to run it from there to the rear fog, because it's
already wired and plugged-in!

   So my quest for tomorrow morning is to drive up to the VW parts folks
and pick up one of those plugs for the passenger's-side fog. In the
meantime, can any of you folks tell me if and how I do need to run a wire
from connector 12 on the headlight switch to somewhere else?

   Thanks in advance!

-T
'84 JettaGLi (rather modified and rather fun) -197,000 miles
'95 JettaGLX (slowly achieving its intended styling and ready for rear
fogs) -73,000 miles

Zip-zap ... zip-zap ... it's Tom ... Tom Boyer ... cyng@lamere.net!
         ... who cares?