Hella's and DRL help

Need some help for someone to direct me to installing the Hella Dual Rounds
on my G/F 97 Jetta.  It only has the one plug (like all jettas) and i need to
splice into it for both headlights to work.  Can someone help me out?  She
got a deal on a new set of Hellas for $300 for a local shop so thats why she
didn't go with the potterman kit.

Also can someone direct me in how to disconnect her day time running lights
as well.  I never had to do this on my car as mine never had them.

Thanks

Jeff