Re: VW Shops in the Wash, D.C. Metro Area

Martens Volvo/VW on River Road in Bethesda is a great place.  Service is outstanding (301-656-6166).  Best dealer I've been to hands down.  If you want to save a few bucks there is a place in Silver Spring called Pan American Motors (301-656-5307).  It's a small shop but the top mechanic/owner, Aldo, is a true magician.  He's fixed my GLX numerous times from the power windows to replacing a part deep in the ignition assembly.  If you go there don't let the appearance fool you.  It is a great shop and mention my name.  They will surely remember my green GLX.   The only downside is that you and your car may be there all day.  They aren't the fastest workers in the world, but then again you can't put a price on piece of mind.

Chris Janus, 95 GLX

"Herron, James" wrote:

Hey List,

Any recommendations on a good VW shop in the D.C. area ?

Thanks!
jimispenc