Re: keyless remotes

 The short range of the key fob could be due to a distance limit on the transmitter.
I think that BMW had to do a recall several years ago because some kid got strangled
in a window while the mother was out of eyesight and locking the car. It could be an
urban legden, but I thought I saw it in CR several years ago.