RE: Stereo

Yeah I have the bose system. I will look into it thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: geoffrey elliott [mailto:geo@cybersnot.com]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 1999 11:42 AM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Stereo

Do you have the Bose system?

If not, they are full of poopie.

If so they are "correct" but not "right".  8)  This is what I was told so I
ended up getting the panasonic changer for my bose head unit instead of
replacing the head unit.  Then a couple of months later, this topic appeared
on the gti-vr6 mailing list and I found out it was not only possible to
replace
the Bose head unit, but you'd actually end up with a better sounding system.
There is something about this in the gti-vr6 archives
(http://www.panix.com/~aqn/GTI_VR6/gti_vr6_list/
user: driver, pw: hired) but the basic technique is to only hook up the
positive (?) output from your new deck to the Bose amp.  Go grab the
instructions and bring them to a shop you trust and see what they think.

8)

- geO