Re: Air Conditioning Problems

I finally got the dealer I bought my car from to send my car to a VW dealer
and get the damn central locking/alarm fixed.  The head service guy at the
VW dealer says he gets this same alarm problem all the time.  He just had
two in last week he had to fix.

While it's there I am going to try to get them to fix my air condioner.
Yes, I too, Eric, have air condioning problems.  While we are all bombarding
VW about the A/C, please don't forget to mention the damn central
locking/alarm problem and what a pain in the ass it is.

Casey Taylor
'94 black with black very very hot leather in the sun without A/C GLX with
the alarm going off all of the time

>>> Eric Wang <wangstervr6@hotmail.com> 06/08/99 10:07PM >>>
Guys,

     I love my GLX, but the A/C just sucks cock harder than a White House
intern.  My A/C blew out on me 2 years ago.  Every subsequent summer, it
would blow out and I would get it recharged, and the dealer never found a
leak.  Cost: $125 each year.  This year, the dealer found a leak with the
dye test and determined that I needed to get the condensor replaced.  Cost:

$650.  VW has really got some issues with the A/C system, because a lotta
people on this list have had A/C problems.  I say we bombard VWOA with hate

mail.

Eric Wang
1994 Black Vento VR6 / aftermarket Trek edition -- Eibach Pro-Kit, Remus
cat-back exhaust, Autotech Q-Chip, K&N drop-in filter, Mintex Redbox pads,

BBS RZ-II, 1998 Green Trek 930
http://www.princeton.edu/~ericwang