keeping car cool

With this unbearable heat wave hitting the midwest and east, my car has
turned into an oven since I have no garage to park my car.  I put the sun
protector in my windshield, but can't leave my windows open.  I know on
some cars like the Mazda 929 (the last generation) actually had fans built
into the car to get the heat out while you were away.  Anyone know of any
good ideas other than tinting to keep the car cool???  I thought my car
cover would have worked, but the university threw a fit when they couldn't
see the permit I had to park my car.