Re: side moulding

CJI,

If the 3M double sided adhesive fails, try this, it is a cure all.  The
'95 2.0l GTi's had black body side moldings which clip into the body
with rubber condoms and clips (the clips are part of the body side
molding and the body already has the holes from the factory).  The body
side molding is only available in black and has a rough texture exactly
similiar to the European body side moldings.  The only difference is
that the 2.0l black body side molding is slightly narrower than the
European body side molding.  A friend with a '97 Jazz Blue DE GTi VR6
got tired of replacing and readhering the body side molding and
purchased the 2.0l body side molding.  His car looks fantastic, it also
doesn't hurt that he had his DE wheels painted glossy black.

Hope this helps,

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX