Need help - Springs

Hey all,

     I haven't been at home for two months now and my dad's been screwing
around with my car.  He recently took it to a shop in Queens, NY called
"RPM" or something like that (anyone from NY ever hear of it?).  From what
he told me, it sounds like the place is total RICE!

     But anyway, the reason he took it there was because there has been this
annoying creaking sound coming from my Eibachs ever since I got them
installed over a year ago (they creak when I turn the wheel @ low speeds).
I've written to this list before about it, and people said it wasn't the
springs, and suggested spraying the crap out of the  suspension
(particularly the A-arms) with WD-40.  I did this, and it seemed to work,
but then my dad still claimed to notice the sound.  So he took the car to
RPM, and they claimed to have diagnosed the problem  as originating from a
lack of "perches" on the front springs, which they claimed were lost when
some other idiots installed the Eibachs.

     Can anyone tell me about this diagnosis?  I don't remember ever seeing
"perches" for the springs on all the suspension diagrams I've ever looked at
(which is not many).

     Please help, before those goddamn RICEBOYS f*ck up my car!!!!

Eric Wang
1994 Black Vento VR6 / aftermarket Trek edition -- Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein
Sport shocks and struts, Remus cat-back exhaust, Autotech Q-Chip, K&N
drop-in filter, Mintex Redbox pads, BBS RZ-II, 1998 Green Trek 930
http://www.princeton.edu/~ericwang