HELP i broke my air box

hi guys i was trying to swisschees my airbox and i had the top thingie
off(thingie is the tech term :)  ) and i disconnected the hose that goes into
the quarter panel but as i was taking off the hose that connects the bottem
of the airbox to somewhere in the engine that hose snapped its wire wound
heavy cloth and looks like it might goto the exaust :( what is it do i need
it how much is a new 1 please help guys and girls please im pissed i got my
liscense back today and now i cant drive :(
thanks for your help
Ian
85 Jetta gl