Re: STEREOS HELP!!??

ok, hope this helps...

Ok, if you hooked up the positive and negative outputs from your
new deck directly to bose amp, you most likely fried it.  The instructions
people sent out a while back said to only hook up the positives and to
leave the negatives dangling.

Circuit City is right, an 8 disc panasonic changer will WORK with the
head unit, but you'll only have access to discs 1 - 6.  Actually, someone
posted that you can get to 7 and 8 by skipping to the last song on 6 and
fast-forwarding to the end of it.  Circuit City probably has the 8 in
stock and would need to order the 6 which is why they are pushing it
(Car Toys did the same thing to me, but i brought the mess to a different
Car Toys and they swapped the 8 for 6.)  The adapter you need is
a PANASONIC to BOSE VW adapter.  Not just a panasonic to vw
adapter.  Hooking up the wrong adapter (the Car Toys guys did this)
fried the cd changer.  They bought me a new one since it was their
fault.

Are you happy with the sound of the Bose system and just looking for
CD?  Then get the Panasonic 6 Disc changer and Adapter.

Are you looking for better sound AND cd, or just want the CD indash?
Get a new head unit and the PowerDrive I mention below.  They even
have a device that will let you add a sub, should you choose to.

Is your system fried or are you too frustrated with the whole bose
thing to deal with it anymore?  Go buy a head unit and speakers and
forget that you ever had a Bose system in there.

8)

- geO