Re: I need a starter

Ian,
   When I got the car the moonroof was stuck in one position and I had to fix it
somehow....I did not know anything about moonroofs before but I examined it and
started seeing how it works and I determined that I had to remove the servomotor
to fix the problem so I did and after a few tries I made it work! it's so cool!
When you lock the car and you have the roof opened it closes by itself...
I had to buy the manual to follow instructions on replacing the starter and it
will be used more when I look up info on how to fix the brakes, etc., but
there's nothing about moonroofs in that book. I replaced the starter today, the
old one wasn't kicking in the gear, after taking it out of the car I took it to
Autozone, Kragen, Chief, and no one had it, I had to ordered and it would've
taken 5 days to get it, I said Forget it! I gotta get it today! so I call my
local VW dealer....price is 380.00 dollars! Hell NO! I kept on calling auto
parts stores until one of them told me they could order it and have it in 3
hours and it would be a remanufactured Bosh starter--price: 145.00 dlls.  Now
the car starts and runs wonderfully.....
   Just tought I shared what I did today to my 95 Jetta.
  later

Sergio
95 Jetta GL 2.0
69 Nova SS 454