Re: (traction ctrl) (MB M-Class)

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Wang <wangstervr6@hotmail.com>
To: <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 1999 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: (traction ctrl) (MB M-Class)

> Umm... to the best of my knowledge, the M-Class has a 4WD system which
> distributes power in a roughly 50/50 ratio between front and rear.  On the
> other hand, the Infiniti QX4 has a purely AWD system that it shares with
the
> awesome Japan-only Skyline GTR.
>
> Eric Wang
> 1994 Black Vento VR6 / aftermarket Trek edition -- Eibach Pro-Kit, Remus
> cat-back exhaust, Autotech Q-Chip, K&N drop-in filter, Mintex Redbox pads,
> BBS RZ-II, 1998 Green Trek 930
> http://www.princeton.edu/~ericwang

Traditionally, four wheel drive vehicles have multiple gears (e.g. hi, low,
and sometimes neutral). I haven't
noticed that on a friend's ML430 which really sucks for offroading. The
traction system is controlled purely
by some hippie next-generation electronic traction brain that "knows"
absolutly nothing more than how to transfer
power to certain wheels during a rainstorm. I dunno...