Problem******PLEASE HELP

a few days ago i had a branch fall out of a tree and land on my jetta. Their
was a pretty bad dent and i just got my car out of the shop today.
the problem is after I got home i noticed that the front molding on the side
of the windshield was seperated from the  the actual window. their is about a
1/4 of an inch space between the window and it doesnt seem thats how it was
but for the life of me i cant remember.  Can anyone please tell me if this is
how it is supposed to be?