Re: Looking for an answer

At 11:17 AM -0500 1/25/99, Franklin Mosley wrote:
>Hey guys, recently with some of the messages talking about the problems that
>some of you are having with your cars, now has me thinking.  I have a 98
>GLX, which I also purchased early last year.  At the time I did not purchase
>the extended warranty, 1: I did not have the extra money 2: I did not think
>it was worth the money.  Now as the factory warranty comes to an end ( I
>have 18k+) I am starting to have second thoughts.  Is there anyway to sign
>up for extended warranty plan at this time in the life of my beloved VW?
>Thanks for the input.

You can always buy a extended warranty, but you'll save a few bucks by
buying one before your current one expires. My dealership is a Chysler/VW
dealer (they sell the Jeep Grand Cherokees until the Porsche, Audi & VW
SUV's come out), and they suggested I get the Chrysler warranty, because
it's easier to get parts, apparently. (They put more faith in the dealer,
apparently, than VW)

Anyway, you still get authentic VW parts. I paid $822 for a $100
deductible, and extended the warranty to five years, 60K miles. The nice
thing is that if I sell it in the next year or so, the warranty is
transferrable to the next owner.

If nothing else, I like the piece of mind that a warranty gives.

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225