RE: CD Changers

I've got a Clarion unit...cost me about $280. The head unit in my 97 was
manufactured for VW by Clarion, so the Clarion changer just plugged right
in...no whacky extra controls, etc. I've been basically happy with it.

-Pete

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Squier, Craig wrote:

> I bought the factory one... Why?
> Cuz it works with the factory premium radio without another remote. I also
> like the fact that it uses a direct coax type connector instead of the tune
> the radio to 87.7 FM cob-jobs. I got it for $200 plus the hour labor to
> install. It's essentially the same as a Panasonic unit.
>
> Depends on how much stereo you need, the factory setup is fine for me. I
> listen to my AutoTech exhaust  more than I do the radio... ;)
> I use the CD for when I'm stopped.... ;)
>
> Anyways, look around at the different units. Try to get a feel for what
> other folks are using. Make sure you mount it right or it will always skip.
> Some changers can only be mounted one way regardless of what the box says...
>
> IMHO anyways...
> Cab
> 95 J3 GLX

Peter Loron                                                  peterl@cnw.com
Before the invention of eruptions, lava had to be carried down the mountain
by hand and thrown on the sleeping villagers. This took a lot of time.