RE: Looking for an answer

We bought our from VW MasterGuard at time of purchase. I think you can get
MG up to 120 days from date of delivery. We only paid $850 for 7
year/100,000mile coverage.

There are a couple "aftermarket warranty" services available. On top of the
repair costs, they usually cover rental car and accomodation/meal expenses
if you breakdown more than 100  miles from home.

Whatever you do, call around and get the fine print. Some of the warranties
have some very specific exceptions which can end up being costly. Don't turn
a warranty down because it costs $100 more than another one, there is
usually a VERY good reason the other company is cheaper.

We have had good luck with MasterGuard, so our next VW purchase will
probably include it again. (I want a 99 Jetta GLX regardless of what anyone
else thinks, I like it...)

Of course if they will start showing pictures of the coupe/Corrado
replacement with the rear drive 8 cylinder motor, I will be more than happy
to wait for that... ;)

Cab
95 Jetta GLX - 80kmi and still thumpin'