Re: TIRES (Good News & Bad News) - OPINIONS WANTED!

> I want to maximize treadwear, get as close to Z as possible (but V & H are
> acceptable, as I rarely if ever exceed 120mph), and get decent rain
> performance.  Once those conditions are met, I want the best performing
> tire there is out of the remaining selection.

I've got Yokohama AVS Intermediates on my '97 and they rock. Great in the
rain, and awesome in the dry. I've got 11,000 miles, 3 autocrosses, and
several track days on them and the tread is holding up well. A little
spendy, though...I paid $130 each. I've heard the Dunlop 8000 is a pretty
similar tire, not quite as grippy, but a bit better tread life, and it's
cheaper.

-Pete