Re: 24,000 or 36,000 mile coverage...

At 11:20 AM -0500 1/6/99, Joshua M. Marrow wrote:
>One for the list-
>
>I am a little confused.  My wife and I took our 1997 GLX in this morning
>for an oil change and to have a few misc. rattles and clunks checked out.
>We were both under the impression that VW's full coverage warranty on the
>GLX lasted for 3yrs/36,000 miles.  Much to my surprise the service rep
>said it was 2/24,000.  I got the extended warranty until 75,000 miles but
>it is designed to cover major service, engine, and drive train problems.
>
>So which is it, 24,000 or 36,000.  I have found this list to be one of the
>best objective sources of information around.  Let me know if you have any
>input.

It's 2/24, with 10/100 for powertrain. As far as the extended warranty, how
much did you pay (if you don't mind me asking)?

My VW dealership is also a GM/Jeep dealer, so they suggested that the GM
warranty was better. They said I'd get the exact same parts, and same
length of coverage, but they could get authorizations for warranty repair
easier as the primary reason to get the GM warranty. I paid about $800 for
a $50 deductible, for 5 years, 60,000 miles (since buying the car, not
since buying the policy).

The policy is also transferable to a new owner, for $50.

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225