RE: 24,000 or 36,000 mile coverage...

Factory warranty is 2/24 bumper to bumper (and service) with a 7/100
powertrain (all internally lubricated parts).

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua M. Marrow [mailto:JMMarrow@sgh.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 1999 8:21 AM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: 24,000 or 36,000 mile coverage...

One for the list-

I am a little confused.  My wife and I took our 1997 GLX in this morning for
an oil change and to have a few misc. rattles and clunks checked out.  We
were both under the impression that VW's full coverage warranty on the GLX
lasted for 3yrs/36,000 miles.  Much to my surprise the service rep said it
was 2/24,000.  I got the extended warranty until 75,000 miles but it is
designed to cover major service, engine, and drive train problems.

So which is it, 24,000 or 36,000.  I have found this list to be one of the
best objective sources of information around.  Let me know if you have any
input.

Thanks,

Joshua Marrow
Structural Engineer
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Consulting Engineers
San Francisco, CA