Slightly OT: New Autoweek

Has anyone read the latest issue of Autoweek? Two things:
- The 2000 Maxima. Not plain. Not ugly. Plain ugly. But the bastard thing is
going to be lugged around by a 222hp V6 engine. I think VW needs to give us
the 24v VR6 NOW.
- After reading the 4 or 5 or so pages about the '99 SVT Contour, I felt a
remarkable similarity of this particular model's owners to us Jetta GLX
owners. In fact if you substitute the word "SVT Contour" with "Jetta GLX" in
the article, you will most likely see the exact same likes and dislikes (ie.
love the engine, love the handling, hate the dealerships, hate the
cupholders) we have about our cars. There's still no way I would buy a
Contour, though I am jealous that Ford is listening to its customers and
giving them what they want--200hp and upgraded suspension and tires.

Kevin Ng
'97 Jetta GLX Windsor Blue "not for all the SVT Contours in the world" ed.

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef