Re: New GLX Owner: questions/comments

>Anyway, some questions:
>
>1) I need to "rekey" a keyless remote transmitter, and I read in
>this list's archives that there is a method to "teach" the
>anti-theft receiver up to 4 frequencies of remote, using a switch
>near the fuse box.  Robert Bentley has not yet published for the
>1998 GLX, so the procedure to do this is evidently unknown to the
>general public.  Anybody on this list know the procedure, or do I
>have to go to the local dealer?

Can't help you with that one.  I own a '97 GLX.

>2) What is normal operating oil temperature for this car?  I'm
>seeing 208-220 deg. F.  The water temp gauge reads straight up
>(which I assume is 190 deg. F).

Yes, that is normal operation temp.  In fact if you look in the owners
manual I think it's okay up to about 260.  Mine has been at around 236
doing 70 mph in 104 degree heat.  I do run synthetic oil, in my opinion,
synthetic helps.

>3) This is a Texas car (originally sold in Richardson TX) and
>although it has the leather interior, it evidently does not have
>heated seats.  This is strictly an academic issue, as heated seats
>are not needed in this locale, but I thought that ALL leather GLX's
>had heated seats.  Not true?

Not true.  The heated seats are part of a "winter package".  It includes,
heated mirrors and washer jets also.

>One more thing: this list is a great resource and a major reason
>that I considered getting a GLX.  I'm mighty glad you all are "out
>there".

Hope I helped alittle.

Mitch
Washington State