WARNING: file happy99.exe sent through the list tonight is a virus

Received the happy99.exe file mailed through the list tonight.  Inside I
found the Happy99.Worm virus.  Had to update my virus definitions to the
latest available in order to catch it.  I'd recommend you delete it right
away and avoid running the program.  From the nature of the virus, I'm
guessing Christopher (the sender) was a victim and not sending it on
purpose.

The following are the instructions from Norton Anti-Virus on how to clean
your system if you have run the program already:

"This worm modifies WSOCK32.DLL to send itself as attachment when a position
is made to USENET or MAIL.  Delete SKA.EXE and SKA.DLL in WINDOWS\SYSTEM
folder and replace WSOCK32.DLL with WSOCK32.SKA in WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder."

Seems like a fairly non-destructive beast, but it will send itself to all
your friends through e-mail.  Could possibly slow down your internet
connection as well through the replacement of the key wsock files.

Bryan
'97 GLX