Re: Radar detectors - advice? for sale?

In a message dated 2/6/99 12:55:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wangstervr6@hotmail.com writes:

<< Hey all,

      I am looking to buy a radar detector, preferably new.  I don't have
 much $ to spend, or else I'd get a Valentine One.  Does anyone have any
 recommendations for cheap ones that still work well?  I've been looking
 at online auction places like Ubid, onsale.com, ebay, etc.  I've found
 some Whistler 1510's, 1540's, 1565, Uniden 6199SWS, and Bel 845STi.
 Does anyone have any of these?  Are they any good?  Does anyone have
 anything they want to sell?  I'm not looking to spend over $60, new or
 used.

 Thanks. >>

Eric, try looking for an older model passport, made by Cincinnati Microwave.
Many of those still outperform the newer passports, escorts, etc. However, the
older they are, the fewer bands they can pick up like superwide Ka. I'd sell
you mine (Bel 845sti), but I'd want more than $60 for it :)

Kevin