Side flasher mod....

Hey there VW'ers,
 I wanted to let you know about the mod I just did to my '97 Jetta GT.  I did the sidemarker light to side flasher mod.  For those of you not familiar with this mod....it allows the side light of your bumper to flash in conjuction of your normal front flasher.... (like H*nda's used to, and like GM's/Ford's/Chrysler's do).
It was pretty easy...(I guess) I did need to remove the grill (CAREFULLY!!!) and the headlamp units.  I also chose to loosen the wire bundles from the chassis of the car to have better access to them ( so I wouldn't hack into the wire bundles as easily! )  It was an easy, cool safety/appearance mod that I am glad I did.  I was considering the real side flasher, but I was not real hip to drilling a hole in my fenders.  For all of you considering this here is the URL (that I believe Brian Tillman did).... www.kersur.net/~btillman/garage/vw/side_marker
The actual job doesn't take that long, but the removal and install of the grill and lights does take some time and patients!
So I have done the following to my '97 Jetta GT: Garrett Chip, Euro Switch, Rear Fog Light, NO DRL's, Painted calipers, Phillips All weather Fog lamp bulbs (yellowish), Tinted windows, mud guards, Sunroof deflector.....any more?  Can't remember......
Planned projects......New tires in February and a K&N Filter.
Tofer  ~~ tofer@foxinternet.net - OR - vwjetta97@hotmail.com ~~
---- ICQ #7958410 ---- wwp.mirabilis.com/7958410
'97 Jetta GT  `` Member of Club H20 & VW Club ``
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If
omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian
"pahks his cah," the lost R's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to
"warsh" his car and invest in "erl" wells.