From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf
Of Marc Gallagher
Sent: Monday, December 27, 1999 11:35 AM
To: 'jetta'
Subject: frozen (?) e-brake

Question for the cold-weather friends.  The emergency brake on our 97 GLX
has been "frozen" several mornings during the last week.  It just got cold
(ie below 30) and the brake releases once it gets warmer.  I am guessing
either the grease in the cable is "freezing" or the release springs in the
rear brakes are shot or too weak.  Has anyone else had this problem and what
can I do?  Thanks.

Marc
'97 Red/Blk GLX