Re: Aggravating rattle NEED HELP

  I know exactly what you are talking about.  I had the exact same thing
happen to me and it drove me absolutely NUTS for months.  What I found what
was that the suitcase (midmuffler) had wiggled loose and every time I hit a
bump the suitcase would smack the bottom of the car.  I tried everything from
seat belts rattling around under the rear seat to a loose shock.  My advise
is to jack up your Jetta and check out that suitcase.  I would be willing to
bet that is the case (no pun intended).  If not, good luck and I feel your
pain.  Let me know if that was it.

Thanks,
Justin (vwtrendz@aol.com)
97 Jetta GLX