RE: Misfiring

Ben,

   I've not since been in to the dealer, but I've been thinking a bit
about the misfiring idea. That's assuming, of course, that my own
hesitations/surgings are misfires. I can think of one of three causes: 1)
bad plugs (not the case in my case, as mine are brand new and the
misbehaviour has been occurring since before I changed them), 2) bad plug
wires (a possibility in my case, as my car's got over seventy-six
thousand miles logged, not as likely in yours, since yours is so new (but
there is the possiblity of defects)), 3) bad fuel injectors (again, a
likelihood in my case and a possibility (bad gas, water in the lines,
crap in the gas can all clog or otherwise screw up your injectors - they
require good condition in order to give that fine, controlled spray) in
your own). Other than that ... I've no clue. Hopefully, the dealer will
be able to hook me up.
Best of luck in your situation.
-T
'95 GLX

>I can't describe the mis-firing, because I haven't
>been driving the car.  I'm away in TX on business,
>and my brother has been borrowing it.  He experienced,
>the check engine light, brought it in for service, and
>got the suprise.  All I know is that it drives 100% better,
>from him point of view.  Thankfully, I'll be back in the
>driver's seat in another week....
>
>I talked with another dealer last night, and brought
>them the fault codes.  The woman said that based on
>the codes, they can determine whether it's a bad plug,
>a bad plug wire, or a bad ignition coil.  Really?!  I
>find that hard to believe.  Any other suggestions?
>Thanks.
>
>			BEN

Zip-zap ... zip-zap ... it's Tom ... Tom Boyer ... cyng@lamere.net!
         ... who cares?