Misfiring

Hi all.

	I just brought my '98 GLX in for it's
30k service.  It was a little late, with 34k miles.
(Did the oil myself at 30k)  The check engine
light came on, so they ran a diagnostic test
on it.  it found 4 misfires, two in Cylinder 5,
two in Random/Multiple Cylinders.  I would
assume Cylinder 5 again.  Now, I would have
changed the spark plugs, run the test again,
and seen what happened.  But instead, they
replaced my Ignition Coil, to the tune of $330.
Does this seem right to anyone?  Also, it
wasn't covered under the warranty.  Isn't
it a "part" of the engine, and should be covered.
After the tune-up/service, they again ran the
diagnostics, and, suprise, it's fine.  Did I just
get hosed?  Has anyone else had a similar
problem at such low mileage?  Thanks in
advance.

		Ben Piecuch