Re: Re: [gti-vr6] Hellasuck

Matt: I'm guessing these are air horns with a compressor that drives
them? In that case, it might be either a wiring thing or a hose thing.
Wiring thing: You couild've reversed the polarity on the pump, causing
it to spin backwards, and therefore try to suck instead of blow. (Pause
while sophomoric giggles die down.) Hose thing: If the compressor has
two mounting tits for an air hose, then you hafta make sure you plug the
air hose into the output tit instead of the input tit, or once again,
the pump will try to suck instead of blow. The thin, girly sound you
describe is consistent with one of these problems. (Oh, and running air
through the horns backwards shouldn't hurt them.)

Skipping the relay wouldn't cause the problem; relays just allow for
running wimpy wire on the often-long switch-to-relay run, limiting the
need for butch wire to just the battery-to-relay-to-horn run. However,
if the wires you're using are *terribly* wimpy, then they *might*
restrict the amount of current that the horns could get to the extent
that they *might* put out less sound. If that were the case, however,
the wires would be seeing so much more current than they could handle
that they would pretty quickly burn up.

Hope that helps,
Bruce Stapley
98 blk/blk