Re: GLX vs GTI

At 7:19 AM -0700 4/22/99, David Nejely wrote:
>Okay, my friend just bought a 98 GTI 4 banger and thinks he is the mac.  I
>haven't had a chance to take him yet, but I guarantee you I will!
>
>Do any of you have performance/weight/etc stats on the GLX vs the GTI?
>Posted on a webpage perhaps?  He was talking about modding it to the point
>that there would be no difference.  I told him to just keep talkin!
>
>Dave

Anything he can do to modify is GTI 4banger to catch up to your GLX, you
can do to your GLX to put your GLX in front of him. If he chips his GTI,
you can chip your GLX. If he adds a suspension, so can you.

And the amount of money he'll end up spending modifying his GTI to catch
your GLX, you would have saved by having bought the GLX. And don't forget
to remind your friend that when it comes time to sell your car, yours will
have better resale value.

-Khan