Re: Looking to remove Helmholtz Resonator...

Hey Khan,

I have yet to this mod, my K&N is still sitting in a box still but it
seems everyone has their own method. I recall reading somewhere (VWVortex
maybe) that someone cut an aluminum can into two small strips. Using a
screwdriver, depress the friction clip on one side of the cone, slide the
aluminum strip between the clip and airbox so it won't re-engage, then
repeat on the other side. The aluminum strips will also help the cone to
slide out more easily. As I said, I haven't had the time to try it, so if
it works, let me know. I'll try to hunt down the original source for you.

Later,
-Naresh

'95 Jetta GL