New Jetta on VWVortex (was Re: List Member Stickers)

At 6:04 PM -0700 4/19/99, Vr6bhp@aol.com wrote:
>Sorry, but unlike alot of people posting things, my goal isn't to SEEM
>intelligent. I could care less. Nothing to prove. Shannon. fuck fuckfuck fuck
>fuck SEND

Blah blah blah, I'm an idiot, blah blah blah. Is this what the Jetta list
is coming to? Shouldn't this loser be on the GTI list? Maybe he doesn't
know the difference between two doors and four? ;)

Speaking of Jettas (imagine *that*) there's an article on the GLS V6 on the
VW Vortex website.

<http://www.vwvortex.com/features/99_jetta/index.html>

One thing I noticed in the images on the site-- the rear window looks
significantly longer, at a greater angle, possibly allowing better rear
view visibility? Anyone who has driven both have a comment on that?

Looking at the picture of the hood, it looks like the air filter jumped to
the other side of the engine, almost a mirror image of the current layout.
I wonder how hard it would be to get a new VR6 like in the new Jetta into
the Jetta ///. Probably not that hard with the GLX, but still it doesn't
look like it will fit right in.

Finally, the comment that the seat was a little high was disheartening, as
that is my primary complaint in the Jetta /// GLX-- not enough head room.

-Khan