Badges (was Re: List Member Stickers)

> I'd have to disagree - I like the addition of the VR6 badge on the
front >grill of the newer GLX models. It's useful for being able to
distinguish
>whether it is a newer car, (although the wheels do play a part of
that). Also, >I've looked many a time at my rear view mirror when seeing
a Jetta behind me,
>to find out whether I
> had oncoming competition or not. As for badges on the sides, I don't know if
> that's for me...maybe smaller ones would be good.

*sigh*  Time to add my measly $.02.

I have a '95 (ugly grille, no vr6 badge), and I went to some effort to
yank _all_ my identifying marks from my trunk.  My \X/ logo is black, to
match the car, and I yanked the JettaIII, GLX, and VR6 badges.  IMHO, it
looks better (YMMV).

And I _like_ the fact that my victims don't know what they're looking at
until its too late. :)  In fact, this summer I plan to swap in an ABD
grille so you can't tell it's a '95.  I'd even pull my trunk spoiler if
it wouldn't mean getting a whole new trunk lid.

That's personal preference, of course.  Maybe it's just my reaction to
the heavy Riceboy population here at CMU.  Let 'em think it's a
4-banger, I say.  When the light goes green and they get left, so much
the sweeter. :)

--mw
'95 StealthJET