Re: New Jetta Suspension Differences

> this is the reason i stay with my a2. Keith  you have to realise your
> Cabriolet weighd about 1500 pounds and the new jetta weighs 3000 and
> something pounds...its got good suspension you just gotta get used to it.
> WiLLi
> 85 jetta GL
> no mods yet

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not just basing this on my Cabriolet.
Right before I drove the Jetta I drove a Honda Si--the Si blew
away the Jetta in my opinion, handling-wise.  I know the Si is
only about 2500 lbs., but the Jetta had much more body lean.
Of course, the Jetta tires are 195/65 and the Si tires are
195/55 which makes a difference.  I also recently drove a Nissan
200SX SE-R and that was much better than the Jetta.  I think VW
tailored the Jetta suspension for a smooth ride, not for great
handling (at least the GLS 2.0L).  But I have heard the VR6
models have tighter suspensions so I'd like to know if that's
true.

Keith