Re: cracked front spoiler...

At 11:38 AM -0700 4/13/99, Chuck Simpson wrote:
>Went home for lunch today.  Upon my return to work, I hear a scraping sound
>coming from the front of my GLX.  I finally park in the parking garage and
>peek
>under the front side to find my front spoiler cracked and a plastic panel
>(near
>the tire) bent down and shaved down from scraping on the pavement.
>
>So I'm really pissed off.  I believe this was the result of me backing out of
>the driveway this morning.
>
>Any ideas on what to do?  I assume the warranty will not take care of this
>since it was my fault.  Should I just look into purchasing an aftermarket
>front
>spoiler?  Any suggestions?
>
>Ugh...
>
>-Chuck Simpson

You might try a junkyard for a spoiler that's in decent condition for your
car. There are a couple auto recycling places here in Western Washington,
and every once in a while they have a Jetta /// with the right color combo.
Fortunately, I've never needed body parts, but that's the inexpensive way
to go.

-Khan