RE: Extended Warranty

Title: RE: Extended Warranty

It all depends on how long you plan on owning the car ... I'll take my chances on repairs down the road and save the money up front.  For those bean counters out there, I believe the concept is known as the time value of money ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey R. Ingber [mailto:jringber@sbc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 1999 4:40 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Extended Warranty

I have recently reached the 100,000 mile mark, thus ending the
Extended Warranty with VW.  To cite just a few of the more dramatic
reasons why I'm damned glad that I purchased this warranty:
emergency brake caliper which was seizing and had to be replaced:
$400+.  Sunroof which had to be replaced:  $1100+.  There were other
expensive items as well inlcuding an electric motor on a window that
wouldn't operate, etc., etc.  It would be madness on the part of
anyone not to purchase the warranty; and I strongly suggest that you
purchase the most comprehensive warranty.  It is well worth it.

Regards to all on the list,

Jeffrey R. Ingber
l994 GLX (No Mods)