Re: Replacement for '98 GLX BOSE head unit?

On Apr 6,  9:13am, Willie Anderson wrote:

> I've been waiting for this unit for about two months, and I'm tired
> of waiting.  However, I don't really want to replace the entire
> stereo system, just the head unit (no flames, please, about the BOSE
> speaker/amp system).  But I'm getting mixed messages regarding just
> what kind of head unit with work with the BOSE amp.

Hmm...you have the bose amps and speakers, but not the head unit?  That's
wierd.

Anyway, yes you can install just about any head-unit with the Bose.
I installed a Clarion ProAudio unit.  All the shop did was to only
hook up the + wires and tape off the - wires.  Voiala!

It'll sound much better...that head unit is crap.

--
John A. Kilpatrick                        Systems/Network Administrator
kilpatri@sgi.com                       Silicon Graphics Inc., Team TREX